Bloom Pediatrics is pleased to offer ear piercing at our Birmingham office, every Friday evening and one Saturday each month.
The price is $150, not covered through insurance as ear piercing is an elective procedure. A $50 deposit is taken at the time of scheduling and $100 is due after completing the procedure.
Included in the price is your choice of any jewelry on display, the procedure, saline cleaning solution, and a personalized ear-piercing stand with your child’s name.
All of our ear rings are hypoallergenic, nickel-free, and are made of either 24 karat gold plating, 14 karat white gold, or medical grade stainless steel. Any plated jewelry contains a stainless-steel earring underneath.
Medical grade titanium jewelry is another recommended material. It is always best to look for jewelry that is hypoallergenic and nickel-free.
Ear piercing is done by appointment only in our Birmingham office.
- Every Friday, 5pm – 7pm (one piercer available)
- Third Saturday, 9am – 1pm (two piercer available)
If you would like to have two children’s ears pierced at the same time, please schedule on a Saturday when two piercers are available.
Wash your hands prior to cleaning the ear lobes. Use your saline solution on the ears twice a day, morning and night, for 6-8 weeks. Submerge a cotton swab into the saline and clean the front and back the ear lobe and jewelry. You may turn the jewelry a few times during cleaning for the first three days after piercing. We do not recommend turning the jewelry during every cleaning after this time.
- We advise against swimming for two weeks after piercing, baths and showers are fine as we know the water source!
- If your child plays a sport, we recommend checking in with their coach to make sure the healing process will not be interrupted.
- After 6-8 weeks, you may change the jewelry if desired. We recommend switching to a high-quality metal when you change your jewelry.
- When we see infected ear piercings, it is typically after the first change of jewelry. This can be from low quality metals that can irritate the ears.