COVID-19 Safety Procedures & Testing
Bloom Pediatrics takes the safety of our patients and staff very seriously. We are adapting our office procedures as needed during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read the details below before your next visit.
In order to keep our patients safest and lower the risk of any exposures, we have made the following changes to office procedures until further notice. We apologize for any inconveniences.
- The check-in process for all appointments will take place over the phone. Please call when you arrive to notify the front desk and then you will receive a text message when a room is ready, and you can enter the building.
- If we feel it’s necessary for the safety of others, we will see sick patients in the parking lot (masks are required outside). Please call when you arrive, and our front desk staff will advise you of this.
- We are limiting each visit to one adult per child, other adults will be asked to wait in their car. The only exception is for newborn visits.
- Please do not bring siblings to an appointment unless there is absolutely no alternative.
- Telemedicine visits are available and will be offered at the end of the day.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Sanitation Guidelines
- All adults and children older than 2 years must wear a mask when inside our building at all times. Our staff will also be in masks at all times.
- Please do not remove your mask in the exam room.
- Other Considerations
- Please use hand sanitizer or a sanitizing hand wipe when you enter the office
- Exam rooms, equipment, door knobs and light switches are sanitized between patients
- Our waiting room is closed. You will be immediately escorted to an exam room.
- Our sign-in sheet, coloring pages, toys, and books have all been put away. Please bring your own toys if necessary. Feel free to ask for a sticker or sucker at the end of the visit though!
We are proud to offer both in-office rapid antigen testing, as well as PCR testing for SARS-COV2. Testing is available for current patients only, on a case-by-case basis. If you are transferring care, records must be received before an appointment can be scheduled.
If the test is not covered by your insurance, or you are uninsured, the cash price is $100 when paid at the time of service or by credit card on file. This is in addition to the office visit charge that will be applied.