Bloom Pediatrics is a fun, compassionate, patient-focused practice in Birmingham, Michigan with a second office opening in Southfield, Michigan in early 2024. We have 10 pediatric physicians, 4 full-time nurse practitioners and more than 75 employees. We are committed to providing the best possible care for our patients and their families and have a deeply rooted passion for community involvement.
As our practice continues to grow, we are seeking a lactation consultant to join our team in the Southfield office. As a valued member of our team, you will have the opportunity to provide comprehensive breastfeeding education, counseling and support services for mothers, babies and families.
Your primary responsibilities providing guidance and support to healthcare providers, new parents, and families in the promotion of breastfeeding, as well as the implementation of breastfeeding-friendly practices. You will engage in coordination of care with our team of physicians.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, health education, or related field.
- IBCLC certification.
- Three to five years of clinical experience in lactation or breastfeeding.
- Knowledge of current breastfeeding research and evidence-based practice.
- Excellent teaching, communication, and counseling skills.
- Willingness to meet with clients during afternoons, weekends, and evenings.